Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 16: Meal plan

So yesterday I promised a meal plan for you guys... Recipes will come as I make the meals. Here you go! :)

Meals: (Order of the meals is subject to change)

Chicken Fajitas (no extra ingredients needed)

Chicken Fajita Nachos (no extra ingredients needed)

Meatless Sloppy Joes (will need 1 green pepper)

Peppers and Eggs (Great Depression recipe; no extra ingredients needed)

Cuban Black Beans and Rice (might need 1 jalapeno (I may not use one), 1 can of black beans, and 1 lime)

Slow Cooker Chicken Dinner (no extra ingredients needed)

Chicken Noodle Soup (leftover and frozen from Day 11)

Some of these meals will be eaten as leftovers the next day so it will actually be more than 7 dinners. I guess technically I can mark off the Chicken Fajitas because that is what we had for dinner tonight. Sorry I don't take any pictures tonight, I was in a hurry to leave for work! They are SUPER easy!

Quick and Easy Chicken Fajitas
  
2 tbs of World Harbors Fajita Marinade (SOOO yummy!)
2 sliced peppers of your choosing (I still had these from my 4pack of peppers in my original pantry inventory)
1 onion, sliced
3/4-1 pound of chicken breast sliced or chunked (I used 4 breast tenders)
Tortillas (I used corn because of the gluten thing)
optional: sour cream and shredded cheese for toppings

Drizzle just a little oil (I use olive oil and just enough to make the pan nonstick) into a large skillet and let it heat up. When oil is ready add the raw chunks of chicken and saute. When they are beginning to turn white on the outside add peppers and onions and add fajita marinade. Saute until chicken is done and peppers are beginning to get a bit tender. "Dress" your fajitas and ENJOY! :) 

We had half of the fajita mixture leftover to recycle as the nachos for another dinner! :) Have a GREAT night!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment