Friday, July 6, 2012

Day 11: "The Stomach Bug..."

So today was a GREAT day! We went to visit my Daddy, Stepmom, and my little brother and sister. After we had lunch I took the boys to my Grandma's house and spent a fabulous afternoon there! :)
As soon as I pulled out of my Grandmother's driveway my 2year old got sick.... I will spare you the details beyond that point but what an ending to the day...

So even though I had barbeque planned for dinner, it was time to improvise... I had all the ingredients except a few to make some yummy chicken noodle soup. I had to go to the store anyway to get milk and bananas so off I went. I guess the barbeque will have to wait until tomorrow night but in the mean time here is on of my chicken noodle soup recipes when it just needs to be quick and easy! :) Enjoy!!!

Easy Speedy Chicken Noodle

1 tbs of butter
1 small chopped onion
1/2 cup of celery
1 cup of chopped carrots
49ozs (1 large can) of Chicken Broth
14.5ozs (1 regular size can) of Vegetable Broth
1/2 pound of cubed or shredded cooked chicken
1 1/2 cups of dry egg noodles
1/2 tsp of Basil
1/2 tsp of Oregano
salt and pepper to taste

Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Mix in carrots, onions, and celery and cook until they are just a little tender. Next pour in the chicken and vegetable broth along with the noodles, chicken, oregano, and basil. Salt and pepper it to taste (I do just a pinch of sea salt and a couple grinds of pepper). After the soup gets to a rapid boil, turn it down to a simmer and let it cook for 20mins. Enjoy! :)

Yummy veggies :) I love the colors!!!



Time to enjoy! Delicious!!!!
So there it is, some fabulous chicken noodle soup :) I am going to freeze half of it in a gallon ziploc and save it for another night toward the end of the challenge. Now for the rundown of what I got at the store:

1 gallon of milk
1 large can of chicken broth
1 regular can of vegetable broth
a pack of egg noodles
a jar of peanut butter
6 bananas
a pack of cherry tomatoes that were marked down to .50!!! :)

Total: $14.63
Total spent so far: $80.96 (Yikes!)



No comments:

Post a Comment