Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day 13: BBQ!!! :)

BBQ chicken on a baked potato with butter and sour cream, Coleslaw, and oranges :)

Today I made barbeque chicken, coleslaw, and baked potatoes. A while back some good friends of mine introduced me to eating bbq on baked potatoes and since I can't have wheat it works out just perfect! :) Just dress your potato with what you like (mine is butter and sour cream) than put bbq on top and enjoy.

Pulled/chopped BBQ Chicken
About 2 lbs of Chicken or desired meat
1 onion
optional garlic
1/2-1 bottle of your favorite bbq sauce

I took the remainder (which was also the majority) of the whole chicken I bought on my last grocery trip and put it in the crock pot with a whole sliced onion. I put a few cloves of garlic in there but I think the only thing it really did was just make the house smell stinky... LOL :)
I cooked it on low all night (8hrs). Than in the morning before church I took the bones out. The chicken will literally just fall apart when touched so the bones are super easy to get out, just make sure you get them all out! After you debone the chicken chop it (again, really easy because it's so tender).

After that empty half a bottle or whatever the desired amount of bbq sauce is into the crockpot of chopped chicken. Mix and enjoy :) I just put it in the fridge for after church.




Easy Coleslaw
1 bag of coleslaw mix
1 cup of lowfat mayo
1/3 cup of sugar
1/4 cup cider vinegar
Fresh cracked pepper

Mix all ingredients but the coleslaw mix in a bowl. After the ingredients are mixed to make the dressing, pour over coleslaw and mix. Crack some fresh pepper over the top and mix more. Than enjoy! :) I personally don't add the whole amount because I like mine just a little wet, otherwise it's too sweet for me. This is just a rough quick recipe that I use sometimes :)


No comments:

Post a Comment