Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 3: Grocery Store Run and Meals for the Day

Grocery trip:
I had a quick trip to the eye doctor this morning so Little Big Man and I stopped into the Ingles on our way home. Here is the list of what I bought and my total:
*Roasted Garlic Multi-Seed Crackers (I have to eat wheat free so these are fabulous in place of bread)
*Organic Spaghetti sauce (This was on sale for 1.98 which is cheaper than non-organic)
*Organic Apple sauce (We have a jar in the pantry, however, it was 1/2 price)
*2 containers of Organic Earth Balance butter (This is my fav and was B1G1 so I went ahead and got 2)
*Mozzarella and Colby Jack cheese (They were also B1G1 and I needed enough to get through the month)
*Organic Heavy Whipping Cream (This is for a little experiment ;) stay tuned for that one in later posts)
*1 lb of Ground Chicken (1.99 on special)
*1 lb of 93% lean Ground Turkey (1.99 on special)
*5 bananas
*And a sort of splurge... My fav Wallaby Australian Yogurt! :) LOVE it!!!

TOTAL: $25.05

Meals for the day:

Breakfast: cereal
Lunch: We're boring so same as yesterday :)
Dinner: Turkey tacos with refried beans, and chips and salsa (The only thing new I used for this meal was the turkey I bought today)
All I did to make this meal was cook my turkey than when it is cook poured 3tbs of my favorite fajita seasoning over the top. This stuff is addicting and AMAZING! We just used the corn tortillas I already had (I can't have flour ones), cut up some onion, sour cream, and cheese to fix them up. Than just heated up a can of organic refried beans I had in the cabinet. Throw that together with a side of tortilla chips and salsa we already had and there ya go, easy dinner! :)

This is that awesome sauce I was talking about! YUMMY!!!

Here is our dinner... The pic looks a little yellow but it was delish!!! BTW, the salsa in the background is from our vacation last week, it's super yummy but boy, it will light you on fire!!!
So there you go... Pretty boring day.


Challenge totals at the end of day 3: $30.93

1 comment:

  1. BTW, There was TONS leftover so I'm sure we will have it again tomorrow night :)

    ReplyDelete