Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 2: Full pantry inventory and Meals for the day


So I have had people asking me about what is already in my pantry/fridge/freezer... I have gone through and compiled a complete list from the beginning of the challenge as to what is in each of those places. As you can see I have quite a bit to get me started (some I don't even know where it came from, LOL), however, most of it is stuff we either don't eat anymore (we changed a lot of eating habits), or are random things. There is also very little meat.

Pantry Inventory

Freezer:
1 whole fryer chicken
4 containers of strawberry freezer jam
Frozen corn
Frozen broccoli
Bacon

Fridge:
1/2 jug of milk
1/2 container of sour cream
Strawberry jam
pack of carrots
peppers
baby spinach
1 coke
broccoli
celery
romaine lettuce
1/2 a cucumber
green onions
sad looking green grapes
green beans
Various cheeses (1/2 bag mozzarella, 2 open bags of cheddar cheese, a tiny bit of Mexican blend cheese, 3 string cheese sticks)
1 bar of cream cheese
One large container of vanilla yogurt
bottled water
salsa
Various sauces and condiments (a tiny bit of mayo, ketchup, mustard, teriyaki, salad dressing, soy sauce, fajita marinade, Worcestershire sauce)

Pantry items:
1 jar of honey
2 peaches
Jar of applesauce
croutons
2 cans of cream of chicken, 1 cream of celery, 1 cream of mushroom
1 pack sweet yellow cornbread mix
1 pack muffin mix
1 pack of dried pinto beans
1/2 a bag of herb season stuffing
1 can each of olives, enchilada sauce, black beans, refried beans, kidney beans, tomato sauce
2 cans of chili
9 cans of various types of tomatoes
2 small bottles of Frank’s hot sauce
3 bottles of bbq sauce
1/2 bag of chow mein noodles
1 sizzling salad kit
1 pk onion soup mix
1 box of gf noodles
1/2 jar of peanut butter
3 half full boxes of cereal
1/2 box of chezits
1/2 bag of rice crisps
bag of tortilla chips
2 sweet potatoes
4 onions
garlic
1/2 loaf of bread
corn tortillas
Flour, sugar, and other baking supplies
Wide variety of dried spices and herbs
1/4 bottle of olive oil
1/2 bottle red wine vinegar
bottle of regular vinegar
1/2 bottle apple cider vinegar
** Raw Oats in an air-tight container
** Brown Rice in an air-tight container
 
Toiletry supplies:
I should have plenty of toilet paper, toothpaste, diapers, wipes, etc for the month or longer on many things.

 So there you have it, all the things I already have. However, I have already used the chicken and I used a few other items in today's meals. One of main purposes of this challenge is to use what I already have. So for today's meals I chose to have just cereal for breakfast, chicken salad with rice crisps and a peach for lunch, and pinto beans and that pack of cornbread for dinner (I still don't know why I had a premix pack of cornbread, I think I thought I was getting muffins, lol). The kiddos (I kept a friend's little girl) had pb&j's with vanilla yogurt and a peach and chez-its. For the pinto beans I used the whole bag of dried pintos, water, 4 slices of the bacon I had in the freezer, a little salt, and pepper. I don't really have any recipes to add to this one but I will tomorrow! :)

Yummy lunch! :)
* I forgot to add that I did have a quick trip to the store last night. I realized I had no eggs for the cornbread so I bought half a box of eggs for a total of $.85. 
** Also, forgot to check the cabinet above the fridge for food. The items in red on the pantry list are those items, sorry about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment