Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Budget Challenge- Recap of Week 1

This week has gone pretty well. We actually got to save a couple of meals when we participated in community events that offered free snacks or food for July 4th. 
Many meals on our plan for this week used ingredients that had been sitting in the pantry or freezer for quite some time. However, we started the month by running out of many things such as; toothpaste, pull-ups, storage bags, and dishwasher tabs. There have been many store runs but hopefully the rest of the month require that. Here is the rundown of how much was spent;

Trader Joes: $39.36

Local veggie/fruit market: $10.38

My TJ's and market run

Sam's: $10.67

Starbuck's: about $4 (I can't remember the total)

Target: $20.75

Cookout restaurant: $11.81 (This one killed me.... one of my little ones had a doctor's appointment today and it                                 ended up taking 2 hours!)


Total: $96.97!!! Yikes! I still think we can do it, and we will! 


I will be posting my Week 2 meal plan tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment