Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Getting Ready for the July 2016 Budget Challenge

Two more days folks and we kick off the "Grocery Budget Challenge!" It's not too late to join! Make sure to read the rules in my previous post.

After careful consideration, I have chosen what my family's budget will be for July, remember, you decide what fits your own family. In the first challenge, four years ago, I chose $100. At the time we were a family of 4 (2 adults, 1 toddler, 1 baby) and I knew it would stretch us. Fast forward 4 years and we are now a family of 6 (2 adults, 3 kids, and 1 toddler). We are definitely going to need a bit more than $100 for all food and household/personal goods. I still want to really challenge myself so I am putting us at $175. 
I already know there are several things we will have to purchase including; toilet paper, diapers, sleep pull-ups, and toothpaste so $175 will definitely be a challenge. 

Here are some things you can do to get ready;

*Be brainstorming on some cheap meals you already know and have on hand. 
*Make sure you've talked to your family and gotten them on board! 
*Tonight or tomorrow, try to do a pantry inventory... You can look at my post from 4 years ago as an example here. I will post mine for the July 2016 challenge tomorrow! 


I'm excited, and can't wait to share with you guys and see what you guys can share with me! Who knows, there may even be a guest post or two! (wink, wink)

Have a great night! 
Blessings! 

No comments:

Post a Comment