Friday, March 15, 2013

OUT WITH THE SUGAR!!!!!

I have felt like a SLUG lately because of all the sugar that has infiltrated my house and my body! I decided I was going to get rid of the evil lurkers in my house. I don't mind to have something sweet every now and then but I honestly have little self control when it's sitting around my house so I'm purging it!
Last weekend we had a fantastic marriage retreat with our bible fellowship class but I ate so much junk I can't even begin to tell you what even went into my body... All I remember was devouring these delicious cookie dough balls covered in brownies, chocolate, and chocolate chips... nachos topped with velveeta rotel dip and bbq... Trader Joe's power berries... Ok, I'm stopping there...
Sunday when we got back we had a chili cook-off that ended in a piece of 4-layer chocolate cake.
Monday we celebrated my birthday by eating out, that dinner also ended with a piece of the same 4-layer chocolate cake.
Wednesday was my birthday and my best friend from work surprised me with a cake.
And yesterday and today involved pie as a celebration of "pi" day at work!

I think I might just curl up and have a heart attack now! However, I do feel better after exposing my sugar consumption. Maybe you have had moments like this as well, where you get caught up in life and don't even notice what you are consuming until it's already down the throat. Now that the sugar highs are wearing off, I'm definitely feeling the effects and I can't stand it! I generally strive to be very conscious of what I am putting in my body and use things like sucanat, and honey instead of processed white sugar but we live in the world of super processed foods and it's bound to catch up with even the most health conscious at one point in their lives.
I'm taking back control! Maybe you will join me?

Here's what I found...

Jon brought these cupcakes home from work yesterday! AHHHHH!!!
Girl scout cookies (hubby better put these in his car), cookie butter (I think I might cry, I love this stuff),  a bucket that has candy from Valentines, Christmas, and even Halloween (you can tell we don't allow much candy consumption around here, LOL), and a random box of Russell Stover candies (I'm not really sure where these came from, probably Jon's work).

A closer look at the bucket of candy.

BYE, BYE!!!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment