Monday, April 15, 2013

Homemade Peanut Butter... Yum! :)



We LOVE peanut butter but hate all the extras that come with it! Even "natural" peanut butter is many times not so natural. I decided to make my own and it was FANTASTIC!!! It honestly tastes like many of the peanut butters you get at the store! I found a recipe by Alton Brown but decided to make just a few changes to mine. Here is the recipe. Enjoy!

I bought 2 lbs of raw peanuts and roasted them myself by rinsing the shells really good and drying them, than tossing them in olive oil and a bit of sea salt. I placed them on a couple of baking sheets and baked them at 325 for about 25 mins. 

Homemade Peanut Butter:
*About 1 pound of shelled peanuts
*1 1/2 tsp of Honey (add a little extra to taste if you like)
*1 1/2 tbs of olive oil (could use peanut oil)
*(optional pinch of salt)

Add all ingredients but half the oil into a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth or desired consistency stopping throughout to scrape the sides and continue adding the rest of the oil. Enjoy! :) 

This yumminess keeps in the fridge for "up to 2 months"- Alton Brown






No comments:

Post a Comment