Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Delicious Grilled Salmon



Tonights dinner was delicious! I know my page is about budgeting and eating "healthy cheap," but sometimes it is cheaper to fix something a little more pricey at home than to go eat out somewhere. We had grilled salmon with garlic mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli. Now, hubby is not a fish guy at all unless it's fried grouper... However, I made this grilled salmon tonight and he said, "Ok, it's actually pretty good." That's a score then! :) As always, I looked at a few recipes but decided to use one as a guide with my own adaptations. Here it is...

Grilled Salmon

1 to 1 1/2 lbs of wild caught salmon (I had 1.39lbs, this was more than enough for our family of 4)
a few sprinkles of garlic powder
a few splashes of lemon juice
a couple cranks of ground pepper
1/3c low sodium soy sauce
1/3c brown sugar
1/3c water
1/4c olive oil

Cut the salmon into serving size portions and use the first 3 ingredients to season your filets. Next, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, and water until the brown sugar is disolved, than mix in the olive oil. Pour over the salmon and let it marinate for up to 2 hours (I only did mine for 1 but you could tell it would have been even better had I let it marinate longer). After marinating cook about 7mins on each side on the grill or until your fish easily flakes. You could also use a George Forman type grill.
Enjoy! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment